Immigration New Zealand has announced the criteria for border entry for work visa holders. To be eligible, visa holders must:
- still hold their job in New Zealand, or continue to operate a business in New Zealand;
- hold either a work to residence visa, or an essential skills visa that is not subject to the stand-down period, or an entrepreneur visa;
- have departed New Zealand on or after 1 December 2019;
- have lived in New Zealand for at least two years, or, if living in New Zealand for at least one year, have one of the following:
- an entrepreneur work visa and operating a business in New Zealand (and operated it before departing New Zealand);
- their dependent children with them in New Zealand (for at least six months);
- submitted an application for residence by 31 July 2020;
- have held a visa at the time of departing that does not expire before the end of 2020, or, if expiring before that date, have applied for a further visa by 10 August 2020.
The government is expecting up to 850 visa holders may be eligible for this category!